Monday, June 05, 2006

The Round The World commences

Finally starting to get some frequent flyer points ...

I said previously that I was hoping for a light load out of Colombo - I didn't figure on only 5 of the approximately 50 Business Class seats being occupied. The Flight Attendants were virtually begging us to ask for something so they had something to do. I think we had one FA each! The numbers picked up a bit in Bangkok, but there were still enough free seats for everyone to rearrange themselves so that no-one had a neighbour.

On arrival back in Hong Kong I picked up my suitcase from left luggage and took the train into Kowloon. There they have a place where you can check-in for your flights. The reason for doing it there rather than at the airport was that the British Airways counters at the airport do not open until a couple of hours before their late night flights. By going into town I could get rid of my suitcase and pick up my boarding pass, which would allow me to go through to the lounges whenever I wanted. I was also looking forward to wandering around Kowloon again - it's been over seven years since I was there last. Unfortunately the weather was unkind to me and I had to cut the visit short. So here I am back at Hong Kong airport, waiting to board the BA flight to Heathrow. It will be my first time seated in the upper deck of a 747, and I know the lie-flat bed will be a big change from the limited-recline last-row nightmare the other day. It's time for all the scheming to pay off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

My friend, you are a lucky bastard.

(Of course, by "lucky", I mean "shrewd and smart" and by bastard I mean "A good bloke who has managed to use his years of flying and aviation knowedge to maximum end, and is not me")

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home