Thursday, May 18, 2006

Naming the blog

A colleague at work set up and named this blog for me.

In case you're wondering about the name of my blog, it relates to company policy. The policy in question is the one which requires all business trips to be booked through a particular admin person. Unfortunately this person has not had much opportunity to travel, and so knows less than the average person about air travel. Coupled with the fact that aviation is my "thing", this policy has been the cause of much tension. My workaround was to deal directly with our travel agent, book the flights, then send the official request to the required admin person. The travel agent knew that she would eventually receive the go-ahead e-mail from admin, and could ticket the booking as though she and I had never spoken.

Funnily enough, recent events (which I will detail later) have meant that I now can actually book my own flights.

1 Comments:

Blogger iffatali said...

The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.Flights to Kathmandu

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home