Thursday, June 28, 2007

With my latest transit in Tokyo, it occurred to me that there have been a few countries I have visited, without having actually "entered" the country. In other words I have been to an airport, but nowhere else. That list currently stands at:
  • United Arab Emirates - in transit in Bahrain - on the way to (and back from) London in 1979.
  • India - in transit in Bombay (now Mumbai) - on the way to London in 1987.
  • Sri Lanka - in transit in Colombo (twice) - on the way to London in 2006.
  • United Arab Emirates (again, twice) - in transit in Dubai - on a turnaround from London to London in 2006 and 2007.
  • Japan - in transit in Tokyo (Narita) on the way to London in 2007.
In addition I have been to two US states, Illinois (Chicago) and Texas (Dallas), without having left the airport.

1 Comments:

Blogger Switchu said...

Hi, am a little worried cause I will arrive at 10:25 AM Colombo time and will have another flight with a different airline to catch at 12:50PM and am wondering if the baggage claim is still before the immigration.
Well, I was assured by the Sri Lanka Embassy that I wouldn't need visa even to stay for 1 day there, but I just want to surer the process of me getting my suitcase to check in to the next flight is not going to be a hassle.
What can you tell from your experience by any chance? Would appreciate any tips.
Cause if it is going to be a hassle, I'm thinking just to bring one small bag that I will carry with me inside the cabin. The suitcase is supposed to bring things I'm going to leave back home, but this flight is certainly more important to catch actually, and as an alternative I can send the things I'm thinking to put in the suitcase by post later.

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home